Cornell – Colgate Game Notes
- Dating back to last year, Cornell has gone 3-1 in its last four contests.
- The Big Red ranks fourth nationally in scoring defense (14.5 ppg.), fifth in pass efficiency defense (88.21) and is second in turnover margin (+3.0 per game).
- The Big Red, picked to finish eighth in the Ivy League preseason poll, has exceeded all expectations with wins over Bucknell (24-16) and Yale (27-13) to kick off the season, matching the program’s win total for the previous two seasons combined.
- A win over Colgate would make Cornell 3-0 to open a season for the first time since 2008, end a seven-game losing streak against Colgate, and improve its non-league win streak to two contests after eight consecutive losses.
- The contest will be televised by Time Warner Cable and can be heard locally on WHCU 95.9 FM/870 AM, with Barry Leonard and Jason Weinstein on the call.
- Cornell has a 131-80-7 record against the seven current members of the Patriot League football conference, including a 48-46-3 edge over Colgate.
- This will be just the 20th meeting between the teams in Hamilton, N.Y., with 76 of the contests being held in Ithaca and two at neutral sites (1899 in Richfield Springs, N.Y.; 1943 in Syracuse). The Raiders lead 10-9 in Hamilton.