The Big Red had a number of first-time starters when the ball was kicked off against the Bison:
- On offense, sophomores Dalton Banks (QB), Henry Stillwell (RT) and Chris Walker (RB), junior Islam Mohamed (LT) and senior Jake Waltman (LG) all made their first career start.
- Defensively, sophomores Malcolm Chaka (OLB), Chase Wickenheiser (NG) and DJ Woullard (CB) and juniors Daniel Crochet (MLB), Kurt Frimel (MLB) and Jelani King (CB) all debuted in the starting lineup.
- Sophomore DJ Woullard became the first Cornell player to intercept two passes in a game since Nick Gesualdi picked off a pair of Columbia throws in 2014.
- The win snapped an eight-game non-conference losing streak and a five-game road skid.
- The Big Red scored on all four possessions spanning the second and third quarters, including on three consecutive 11-play drives. The four scoring drives were an average of 10.5 plays and nearly 70 yards apiece.
- Junior Daniel Crochet posted a career-high 11 tackles in his first career start.
- Nine different receivers hauled in a catch and none had more than three receptions.
- Cornell was 0-6 a season ago when its opponent scored first.